HOLLEY MASON BUILDING
This existing 120,000 s.f. warehouse was constructed in 1905 as the first fireproof structure in Spokane after the fire that destroyed most of the city a decade earlier. The building was converted to office and retail use, and in the first two years of its new life, was the temporary location for Lewis and Clark High School during its renovation. The project was developed in strict adherence with the Secretary of the Interior Guidelines for Historic Preservation. The exterior masonry was cleaned and repaired and all new historically sensitive windows were installed throughout. The interior maintains a great deal of its industrial/warehouse aesthetic with exposed structure and mechanical systems. The project was completed in August 1999.
The project received the 2000 State Historic Preservation Officer’s Award for Outstanding Achievement.